Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #13


Wishlist Wednesday is a wonderful meme created by the ever sweet Dani from Pen to Paper where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

Bewitching (Kendra Chronicles)
by Alex Flinn
Hardcover
336 pages
Expected publication: February 14th 2012 by HarperTeen

Summary from Goodreads:
Kendra Hilferty, the witch who curses Kyle Kingsbury in Beastly, tells about her immortal existence-how she discovered she was a witch and the various ways she has used her powers to help people throughout the centuries. (Unfortunately her attempts have often backfired.) As it turns out, Kendra has actually had a hand in "Hansel and Gretel," "The Princess and the Pea," and "The Little Mermaid"-but these are not the fairy tales you think you know! Kendra's reminiscences are wrapped around a real-time version of "Cinderella," except the "ugly" stepsister is the good guy. With dark twists, hilarious turns, and unexpected endings, Bewitching is a contemporary read for fairy-tale lovers, fantasy fans, and anyone looking for more Alex Flinn.

Babble:
I've read Beastly and found it very sweet and entertaining. So it is a natural progression for me to read this too as it is the story of Kendra the witch! I hope we get more of her quirky character and unpredictable magic. Can't wait for it's release.

6 comments:

  1. I want to read this one too. I did enjoy Beastly but I am so curious about Kendra's story. The cover is also gorgeous!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your pick! I hope this book turns out as well as Beastly did. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading this summary made me want to check out Beastly too. :D My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I want to read all of these books too! I purchased Cloaked for my Nook, but now I'm thinking that I have to start from the beginning - any excuse to get more books ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love witches. I'll have to add BEWITCHING to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg! I love the dress cover is super awesome. And the synopsis I draw much attention.

    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete