Thursday, February 23, 2012

Review: Hallowed


Hallowed (Unearthly #2)
by Cynthia Hand
Paperback
403 pages
Published January 2nd 2012
by Egmont Books Ltd

Summary from Goodreads:
For months part-angel Clara Gardner trained to face the raging forest fire from her visions and rescue the alluring and mysterious Christian Prescott from the blaze. But nothing could prepare her for the fateful decisions she would be forced to make that day, or the startling revelation that her purpose—the task she was put on earth to accomplish—is not as straightforward as she thought.

Now, torn between her increasingly complicated feelings for Christian and her love for her boyfriend, Tucker, Clara struggles to make sense of what she was supposed to do the day of the fire. And, as she is drawn further into the world of part angels and the growing conflict between White Wings and Black Wings, Clara learns of the terrifying new reality that she must face: Someone close to her will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.

Thoughts:
Bloody amazing! I have always wondered how the hell Cynthia Hand will be able to topped off Unearthly because it was quite frankly an amazing read save for a few slow parts here and there in the beginning but truly the second in the series quite literally blew me away! I mean seriously, as much as I love cowboy cutie Tucker in the first book, I am slowly being enticed by the very hot you-are-my destiny Christian. He's just so...dreamy! (Somebody please just whack me in the head for my bouts of insanity).


Okay..so I've read a lot of reviews before reading this just because I'm so curious how this will turned up but none of them mentioned the abundance of revelations and surprises in store. I love spoilers so it's hard for me not to say this but oh..there's so many other angel bloods that were featured in this other than Clara and her family. And we get to know more about her heritage, history and her dad. Absolutely freaking wonderful!

So between making out with Tucker, making doe-eyed glances at Christian and dodging evil Black Wings, our girl Clara certainly has her hands full. And did I mentioned that she also applied and got accepted to Stanford? Ah..the perks of being an angel blood. If all those twists does not get to you then the heart breaking ending would. I nearly cried. So I'd better stop this review before it turned into a massive spoiler filled one instead.

Recommended for: everyone (even for those who did not enjoy the Fallen series)
Verdict: 5 stars.

Available on: Amazon

6 comments:

  1. I just finished Unearthly and didn't hate it. I love that you reccomended it for people who hated Fallen. I know that book turned a lot of people off Angel books.

    I'm going to have to add Hallowed to my to buy list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read Fallen and was just not quite enjoying it like so many others. There must be something wrong with me! LOL. Thankfully Unearthly and Hallowed redeemed angels in my eyes. :)

      Delete
  2. For some reasons I still haven't managed to continue reading this one. Somewhere around the first 20 percent the mood just left me and I had to lay it aside, because otherwise I would ahve forced myself through it. In any case, I really like your review. As a person who's been told that she wouldn't enjoy the Fallen series at all, and who HAS enjoyed Hallowed quite a bit, I love the rating-note. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Oh and now also following you via Linky Tools. Seriously, one day our sidebars will only consist of 3000 widgets. XD)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I did not know about this book, and you have given 5 stars, makes me add to my list.

    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Hallowed is an absolutely amazing book! I finally read a few days ago, and loved it even more than Unearthly (as if that's even possible, right?!) And no, you're not insane, Christian is totally GORGEOUS! I've wanted Clara to end up with him even during Unearthly, and it's good to see that he seems to actually have a chance with her. I absolutely can't wait till the next book!

    ReplyDelete