Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #20


Wishlist Wednesday is a wonderful meme created by the ever sweet Dani from Pen to Paper where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.


The Friday Society
by Adrienne Kress
Hardcover
440 pages
Expected publication: December 6th 2012 by Dial

Summary from Goodreads:
An action-packed tale of gowns, guys, guns--and the heroines who use them all

Set in Edwardian London, The Friday Society follows the stories of three very intelligent and talented young women, all of whom are assistants to powerful men: Cora, lab assistant; Michiko, Japanese fight assistant; and Nellie, magician's assistant. The three young women's lives become inexorably intertwined after a chance meeting at a ball that ends with the discovery of a murdered mystery man.

It's up to these three, in their own charming but bold way, to solve the murder--and the crimes they believe may be connected to it--without calling too much attention to themselves.

Told with Adrienne Kress's sharp wit and a great deal of irreverence, this Steampunk whodunit introduces three unforgettable and very ladylike--well, relatively ladylike--heroines poised for more dangerous adventures.

Babble:
I am falling in love more and more with the steampunk genre. I mean look at that cover. It should be for a movie or something. And seriously strong heroines are my favourite. And there's three of them in here. God bless! I have to wait till the end of the year for this. Oh, what torture!

6 comments:

  1. Oh that looks interesting! I haven't seen it before! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've read anything steampunk yet. Sounds like a fun genre! I hope to read The Girl In the Steel Corset soon.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really good! Definitely off to add it to my own wishlist!

    Dani :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like Charlie's Angels mixed with a dose of steampunk - sounds fantastic! I'll be really interested in seeing a review on this one :)

    My WW:
    http://www.teadaydreamsandfairytales.com/2012/04/wishlist-wednesday-2/

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE FRIDAY SOCIETY looks amazing!! ON my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing!! I'm totally adding it to my wishlist!

    Rebecca @ Vicariously!

    ReplyDelete