Friday, December 23, 2011

Review: Unearthly by Cynthia Hand




Unearthly (Unearthly #1)
by Cynthia Hand 

Perfect Paperback 
435 pages 
Published May 2nd 2011
by Egmont UK Limited

Summary:
In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . .

Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?

Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart.

Thoughts:
I'm sure everyone has read this book. What? You haven't? What have you been doing? Go and read this book like right now! Why?
Because it's awesome
Believe me. I'm not much for slow moving paranormal romance but this one's take the cake. Usually it's the guy who turns out to be the angel but now the situation's reverse. Clara is a quarter angel who must fulfil her mission. What happens if she ignore the mission? Beats me. Hey..at least her mother is supportive and they have money to support their angelic endeavours.
And Tucker! Bless him. I love it when the not so obvious second hero gets the girl.

Verdict: 4 stars.

9 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad to hear you loved it! I have this on my shelf so I can't wait to dive into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love any books that talk about angel. I'm so eager to read this one but couldn't find opportunity yet =/

    @Tibiux

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished reading this book the other day and it was AWESOME! I just hate that it took me so long to actually get my hands on this book and read it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover! It's so surreal! Haha, but I'd prefer it if the guy's the angel, not the girl. But it sounds really amazing tho, so maybe I'd pick it up. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really liked this book and can't wait for Hallowed to come out next month.

    Pretty cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like a lot this book, I like this cover also. great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tucker is one of my favorite male book characters and thankfully he's 100% realistic. I was very surprised by how much I liked this story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually gave this book to my friend as a Christmas gift, but in reality, I just want to read the book. And I decided to give it to her, then borrow it afterwards. That's bad, because I only gave it to her because I want to read it, but at least she also gets to enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this book for about two months, bought it with my christmas money but I still haven't been able to read it. After reading your review my interest is definitely spiked again. Thanks so much! Great review! ;D

    ReplyDelete