Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Holiday Wish

I have a confession to make. (Hiding face in embarrassment). I've been trying to write a book for some time now. I have all these ideas but I can never write them properly in a chapter or so. I used to write a lot when I was in the university but all of them are either in the romance genre or stories about boarding school kids. (Because I was one). But when I started reading fantasy stories more and more I tried writing something along the lines but failed miserably. Thank god I have a full time job. I could never join NanoWrimo because I would really stressed out to write that much in such a short time.


So I started writing about this demon girl called Xee. She's well half demon. Her mother is part angel and part faerie but was killed by her demon father. Her upbringing is unconventional to say the least. Because after her mother was killed, she was taken by her father to live in the Darkworld where all the evil demons and other not so nice paranormals live and was trained and tortured every day to be this all powerful demon assassin/warrior.


Xee has white hair and she's very lonely since no other demons want to befriend her because she's half blood you see and well because there's a war going on between the Darkworld and the Otherworld where her mother came from. Xee can talk to animals and all types of creatures and this talent was inherited from her mother. So maybe for the Holiday's, Xee's ultimate wish is to have a pet to cheer her up. A cute baby dragon would do the trick. And she would called him Farzeth or something cool. :)


Yup, I know my story is kind of corny but hey I'm trying.

11 comments:

  1. I think your story sounds wonderful and you should definitely keep up with it!

    I also get random ideas for stories sometimes and I try to turn them into chapters etc but it gets quite hard. I actually found it easier to write when I was younger for some reason... it seems it gets harder and harder as the years go by. I hope one day I can write something though.

    Good luck with your story!

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    http://storybookloveaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks Megan. I thought no one would read this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If writing your stories up in chapters is so difficult than why don't you try writing them up in short-story format? Once you finished Xees' Intro, you could them branch out by fleshing out your anthology with other short stories, not necessarily linked to Xee. If one of your characters feels the need to live in a chaptered book, I'm sure they will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh..great idea. I have this insane dreams about Xee's whole origins and even how her grandmother came to be. But a prequel would just be crazy when I can't even finish a decent chapter. So maybe I'll try this short story format. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No way, primrose, that's AWESOME! I had no idea that you were a secret writer. =) It's sounds like quite a fascinating idea. Are you writing it in English? Where did you find a picture to match your character? Or did she inspire your character? It can be hard to write a whole novel, but just keep writing and I'm sure you'll work it out eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No way it sounds wonderful! Get some confidence in yourself and keep at it! You'll get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I admire your courage in following your dream and trying to write a book. You should definitely keep at it! I love Xee's story so far (it's a fascinating premise) and I can't wait to read your finished copy one day. I'm sure it would be exciting to read! Good luck and don't give up!

    Sarah:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey thanks for being in the Hop. And I totally want a dragon too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much guys for the encouragement. (Feeling slightly embarrassed). I've been a secret writer for years and I do write in English which makes it even harder to publish in my own country. My aunt is a romance writer here. Published and everything. It's just that for me after getting married and having a kid, it's really hard to find the time to write.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Write it write it write it!! I love the concept (and the name Xee), and that picture is gorgeous (as is your blog)!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want a cute baby dragon! Sounds like me and this mc of yours could really get along.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete