Sunday, December 25, 2011

Review: Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins





Demonglass (Hex Hall #2)
by Rachel Hawkins 

Hardcover
359 pages
Published March 22nd 2011 

by Hyperion Book CH

Summary:
Sophie Mercer thought she was a witch.

That was the whole reason she was sent to Hex Hall, a reform school for delinquent Prodigium (aka witches, shapeshifters, and fairies). But that was before she discovered the family secret, and that her hot crush, Archer Cross, is an agent for The Eye, a group bent on wiping Prodigium off the face of the earth.

Turns out, Sophie’s a demon, one of only two in the world—the other being her father. What’s worse, she has powers that threaten the lives of everyone she loves. Which is precisely why Sophie decides she must go to London for the Removal, a dangerous procedure that will destroy her powers.

But once Sophie arrives she makes a shocking discovery. Her new friends? They’re demons too. Meaning someone is raising them in secret with creepy plans to use their powers, and probably not for good. Meanwhile, The Eye is set on hunting Sophie down, and they’re using Archer to do it. But it’s not like she has feelings for him anymore. Does she?

Thoughts:
Yes, I absolutely love witches! And I may or may not harbour a secret wish to be a witch in real life.

The second book in the Hex Hall series is as usual an entertaining and thoroughly enjoyable read. Sophie turns out to be a demon so her powers might be unusual to say the least. There are so many things happening all at once that the book moves along nicely at a very action packed pace. I love it!
We get to find out more about Sophie's background and her father and at the same time the London setting is just so exciting. The only gripe I have about this book is relating to Archer. Come on Sophie. You already have a very fine fiancée. (Ops..spoiler alert). You don't need Archer.

Verdict: 4 stars.

17 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it as much as I do. I really like the plot and the characters. The cover is also beautiful and I love it. Great review though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Demon Glass. What an ending and Im excited for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a serie i'm really interested in, thanks to your review i'm even more wanting it
    Thanks you a lot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I definitely love the series and Demonglass is just exceptional! I was just a little sad that I didn't see much of Archer Cross. I'm eagerly waiting for Spellbound! awesome review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved DEMONGLASS. It's such a fun, funny, and magical book! I was so loving Cal in this book. I really want Sophie be with him, but it seems she wants Archer :(. I can't wait for the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review. I haven't read any book in this series but I'll definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review. I loved this book! The story is pretty great and I can't wait for the next book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Team Archer!!!
    I can't get myself to care for Cal, he is too perfect-ish, in an annoying sort of way, but the books are pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love witch books too. This would definitely be a great read for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review!! Glad you enjoyed this, it's on my must read list :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't mind Archer per se, but I why give us this wonderful other option and then bring it back to Archer. Is it just because it's so romeo/juliet for them? But I did enjoy the book too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg.. i wanna read this one..i love hex hall so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so want to read this,

    after reading hex hall,

    haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review! I don't recall ever reading a book like this one from the sound of your review. A Demon with powers trying to get rid of them and heading off to London. It does sound interesting. Thank you for posting. DeAnna Schultz

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have not read this author or the book. Sounds like there is quite a bit going on in this book.

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really loved this book too! This is one my favorite new series - can't wait for the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Im really glad you liked this book!! mine is still standing on my shelf!! =( Really need to start reading this series! Great review!

    Farah @Majibookshelf

    ReplyDelete