Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wishlist Wednesday

So when I started my Wishing on Wednesday, I never knew that bookrat or pen to paper already have their Wishlist Wednesday.
Photobucket


Pen to paper's Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added, that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (Fairyland #1) by Catherynne M. Valente, Ana Juan (Illustrator)

Published May 10th 2011.

Summary:
Twelve-year-old September lives in Omaha, and used to have an ordinary life, until her father went to war and her mother went to work. One day, September is met at her kitchen window by a Green Wind (taking the form of a gentleman in a green jacket), who invites her on an adventure, implying that her help is needed in Fairyland. The new Marquess is unpredictable and fickle, and also not much older than September. Only September can retrieve a talisman the Marquess wants from the enchanted woods, and if she doesn’t . . . then the Marquess will make life impossible for the inhabitants of Fairyland. September is already making new friends, including a book-loving Wyvern and a mysterious boy named Saturday.  With exquisite illustrations by acclaimed artist Ana Juan, Fairyland lives up to the sensation it created when the author first posted it online. For readers of all ages who love the charm of Alice in Wonderland and the soul of The Golden Compass, here is a reading experience unto itself: unforgettable, and so very beautiful.

Babble:
Oooh the title's a mouthful eh? I know this is a kid's book but well I read and collect the Harry Potter series so why not? The story seems so interesting and I've read a chapter sample and just love the quirkiness of the book. So this is indeed a book to wish for. :)

3 comments:

  1. I agree, why not read a kid's book? I recently read one called Incarceron by Catherine Fisher for review (I think the publishers were trying to regain some hype about the series because it's a fairly old one now), and it was a really good one!!
    Great to see a new face on Wishlist Wednesday - I hope to see you again for it next week :)

    Dani @ Pen to Paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Primrose! Thanks for following my blog and entering my contest! I almost exclusively read children's books (YA included) so I'd say, "Sweep them off the shelves!" Well, not literally, or they'd all be on the floor. But you know what I mean. =) The Fairyland book sounds quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh guys (or gals) thanks for the nice comments and not making me feel guilty for reading a kid's book at the ripe old age of 31. :)

    ReplyDelete