Saturday, October 27, 2012

Review: Midnight City


Midnight City (Conquered Earth #1)
by J. Barton Mitchell
by St. Martin's Griffin
ARC from Netgalley  
Summary from Goodreads:
In a post-apocalyptic world controlled by alien invaders, two teens and a young girl with mysterious powers embark on a dangerous journey. What they find will change everything...

Earth has been conquered. An extraterrestrial race known as The Assembly has abducted the adult population, leaving the planet’s youth to fend for themselves. In this treacherous landscape, Holt, a bounty hunter, is transporting his prisoner Mira when they discover Zoey, a young girl with powerful abilities who could be the key to stopping The Assembly. As they make their way to the cavernous metropolis of Midnight City, the trio must contend with freedom fighters, mutants, otherworldly artifacts, pirates, feuding alien armies, and perhaps most perilous of all: Holt and Mira’s growing attraction to each other. 

Thoughts:
This book left me in a bit of a dilemma. I usually don't review any books that I did not finish or only read halfway but seriously never have a book with such potential made me so confused.

Yes, I did it read it but halfway through I'm just utterly confused. There are too many secondary characters to keep track off and not to mention so many things happening that made the story so jumbled up. And you guys know how much I just hate multiple point of views. It's supposed to be told from a third person POV but seriously the view change according to the character.

I'll give it another try in the future but for now I just don't have the time and patience to slogged through a story that does not excite me.

In my Debut Author Reading Challenge 
Available on: Amazon 

No comments:

Post a Comment