Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saturday Series


Saturday Series is a new feature where I'll be featuring a series that captured my attention and I want others to read it too!

This week, I'll be featuring the Mythos Academy series by Jennifer Estep.


What is it about?

It's about Gwen Frost; a gypsy girl who has the power of psychometry where when she touches something/someone, she would immediately know, see and feel its history. Cool, huh? Except she's attending an ultra posh boarding school for the gifted warriors where everyone is super rich, gorgeous and powerful and well she's not. Bummer.

Touch of Frost (Book 1)
Gwen received a scholarship to attend the school when her mother died. She's a social outcast but strange things started happening and our girl decided to play detective when a popular girl is found dead in the library. Along the way, she captured the attention of a hot Spartan, become friends with a snobby Valkyrie princess and discovered some horrifying and surprising truths about herself.

Kiss of Frost (Book 2)
Now that Gwen is chosen as a champion, she must shape up and attend more rigorous physical training under the tutelage of Logan the hot Spartan. But between dodging arrows by a mysterious hunter and trying to be the warrior that everyone wants her to be, our girl is practically overwhelmed by all of it.

Why should I read it?
It's the story of the underdog proving her worth. Well if you like the Percy Jackson series then you'll probably enjoyed this. Most of the girls in the school consist of Amazons and Valkyries while the boys are Romans or Vikings. There's also Spartans, Persians, Trojans, Celts, Samurais, Ninjas and all sorts of warrior descendants. Whoa!

If you love strong girls, elements of mythology and action packed story then this series is definitely for you!

The third book is out this May 29th. Don't forget to check it out.



3 comments:

  1. This is a series I'm dying to read and I'm sooo angry at myself for not having picked it up yet. Okay, I've read the prequel novella already, but I've had a copy of the first book for the loooongest time and haven't read it yet. :( Shame on me.

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for the entire series to be out, then I can just keep reading & reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this series..thanks for bringing it to my attention..it sounds like something i might enjoy;)

    ReplyDelete