Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #10: Control


Waiting on Wednesday is a wonderful meme created by Jill from Breaking the Spine where we highlighted an upcoming release that we're eagerly anticipating.

Control
by Lydia Kang
Expected publication: December 19th 2013 
by Dial Books for Young Readers
Summary from Goodreads:
After the violent death of her father, 17 year-old Zelia loses her younger sister, Dylia, during an abduction at a foster care agency. It turns out her sister Dylia isn’t just pretty and sweet – she’s illegal. In the year 2150, DNA must be pure by law, and anyone with enhanced genes face death. Zelia’s only allies are the freak-show inhabitants of her new, underground foster home. Along with the unexpected love of a very strange boy, she will need her flaws and their illicit traits to save the only family she has left.

Babble:
Yay! Finally a cover that is totally unique and not featuring a deceivingly beautiful girl in front. And the blurb sounds intriguing and exciting. Another teen book with X-Men elements? Since I loved the comic, I don't really mind.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of this one before but I have to say, it sounds very interesting. I'll add in on my to-read list and I'd love to read it when it comes out. The part I liked the most from the summary was the one about the book being set in 2150... that should be fun! Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete