Saturday, October 22, 2011

pretty in pink :)

So..I haven't read a Malay book for the longest time. I don't know why..maybe I've been too caught up with the YA fantasy trend that is going on across the globe right now. Seriously, I'm all for Made in Malaysia things so while I was reading the newspaper today, I stumble upon the teaser cover for Ain Maisarah's new book and I decided to dug up her old books.

Who's Ain Maisarah? She's a 29 year old TESL grad from Johor who can be considered as one of the successful teen novelist in Malaysia. I think of her as a Malaysian Meg Cabot. Because her books are funny, chic, sassy and she absolutely loves pink. Most of her book covers are in that colour.

It was reported that she generated RM 5 million for her book sales. My..my..(and I'm one of those who contribute to that vast wealth). In my defence, I just can't help it. Her books are such a guilty pleasure.. you know. Wish there was a writer like her when I was a teen. Check out her blog to see the pinkness of it. :)
http://ainmaisarah.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. U should write something, kidik. Then, u'll be famous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still stuck with my book..it's supposed to be the Malaysian version of Sex and the City based on me and my friends' love adventures (but without the sex..of course)but stuck lah..maybe I should send it to you so you can give me some ideas..hoho hey you're a TESL grade also..you can so write!

    ReplyDelete