Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

Welcome to my first ever Top Ten Tuesday post. Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by the sweet girls over at The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Books I Would Love To See As A Movie/TV Show 

1. Sabriel by Garth Nix 

I know this book is so obscure because it was published way back when people haven't gotten around to read much YA fantasy books. But it is one of my all time favourite and I wished that more people would read it. I've always imagined Keira Knightley as Sabriel if this was made into a movie because she just seemed tailor made for it. A kick-ass necromancer who ended up saving and romancing a cursed prince is really an intriguing plot for a movie, if you ask me.

2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Angels, demons, forbidden romance, exotic beautiful Prague setting and a girl with blue hair. Just please make sure the actor who plays the angel; Akiva is to die for.

3. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
This book has anime elements all over it so maybe it is just appropriate to make it into a box-office success. A cyborg falling in love with a prince is just too delicious to pass up.

4. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
It's like Legally Blonde meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Who wouldn't love to see a girly blonde with a pink taser hunting out supernaturals? I do!

5. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Yup, I just love a strong heroine. And Lady Katsa certainly fits the bill. A girl blessed with the Grace of killing met a prince who can reads minds. Brilliant!

I know it will be tricky to turn this into a movie/tv show since it has a Russian setting but really that's the whole appeal.

Asian-inspired YA fantasy? Yes, we do need more of that.

I had mixed feelings about the first book but after recently reading the second, this series turned out to be one of my favourite.

Funny, quirky with a healthy dose of paranormals running amok in a school for delinquent teen supernaturals! Gimme, gimme.

The only stand alone in this list. I just love it because it is so funny and tragic at the same time.

That's it folks! I love to find out what YOU guys think should be in the list. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment