Tuesday, August 9, 2011

nyum nyum

Salam ramadhan! I hope it's not too late to wish everyone a blessed Ramadhan. After some unsuccessful attempts at performing terawih with my lil monster nearby, I decided to wait until he fell asleep to pray.




I don't know why but fasting month always made me think about food. Particularly raya food. All those rendang,ketupat, sambal goreng and masak lodeh..is just heaven! Seriously..but in my dad's sense it's unhealthy as he will always come down with gout later on..uh oh..


This year I became so lazy which is kind of ironic since I'm at home full time. Last year I went cookie crazy and baked half a dozen different biskut raya that nobody ate and most of it ended up in the dustbin by raya haji. So this year I decided just to make only two types of biskut which is my favourite almond london and chocolate chip n pecan cookie. And since I won't be having any open house (except for people who really wants to come) then I'll just have to finish up by myself..haha..


But this year I have a hankering for all these traditional delicacies especially kuih rempeyek, kuih ros and kuih siput. Takut nak try buat sebab nampak macam susah je. Sampai tengok youtube macam mana nak buat. Lecehnye kuih lama ni yek? Sungguh kagum dengan mak mak kita yang rajin buat kuih sampai bertin-tin. Tengokla nanti macam mana jadi ke eksperimen rempeyek hehe..


1 comment: